Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Even though I've been writing/posting photos here everyday so far, I don't know how well I'll be able to keep it up once I get to Dubrovnik. I'll do my best though. 

Today Kaylee and I walked only a block down the road and went to the Central Market Hall. It is this huge building that has so many fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats, as well as a lot of prepared foods.








 It also had a lot of little kitschy little stands with different souvenirs (when I say kitschy I mean it in a good way, like the kinds of things that you barter for, and there were so many purses and scarves and other things like that). 


So we walked around there for most of the morning and walked back to our hostel (it is literally a block away) dropped off the things we bought, and headed out for lunch. We ate at this little place not too far from out hostel and we both got Hungarian Goulash Soup. It was so good and it came out in the cutest little pots with flames underneath to keep it hot!


After lunch we went to another thermal bath in Budapest (so we've been to two of many), the Gellert Baths. Kaylee and I both agreed that we liked the Széchenyi baths better, but these ones were still really good. I mean how can you really complaing about lounging around all afternoon in water that's around 97 degrees? It's not as hot as a hot tub but not as cold as a regular pool. Speaking of regular pool, the main pool that was there was cold water and doubled as a wave pool! We had no idea what was going on when the waves started, but it was fun, neither of us have been in a wave pool in a long time.


After the baths, we had some excellent gelato, nutella flavored with hazelnuts in it. Sooooo good.

Then we went to a ruin pub, Szimpla Kert. Ruin pubs are bars that open up in old abandoned buildings. This one is the oldest ruin pub in Budapest. It was really cool!



On a more somber note, my netbook isn't wanting to charge! It's only charging if I have the part that plugs into the computer tilted at a certain angle... I talked to a freind from school and he said that it sounds like my power jack got pushed in and needs to be re soldered (that was my next guess after little gnomes messed with my things while I was gone). Hopefully I can find a place to do it when I get to Dubrovnik, and hopefully it will at least stay charged when I tilt it a certain way, otherwise, no more pictures to post!!

3 comments:

  1. We hope you can get your netbook fixed!! We love getting your words and pictures. It's a lovely daily dose of Leah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the market. So pretty

    ReplyDelete