Saturday, August 25, 2012

Unfortunately my computer decided to not recognize that the charger is in it at all, even though it is there. Not even if I try to force it and tilt it at an angle, it just won't charge. So that means no more pretty pictures :( and I can't upload pictures that I took via my phone unless I have a certain app, and that may take a while for me to get up. I'll see what I can do. But for now I'll still do my best to write about things. I'm doing it on my phone though, so don't judge me if my iphone autocorrects a word.

I really like Ljubljana after exploring it today. It is such a nice city. Small, but big enough to still have things to do. It kind of reminds me of a European Pittsburgh (a small town that still feels like a big town at times). 

This morning we went walking trough the city and ran into some art booths for some kind of art fair. Local artist. There were so many cool booths and things. I got some food and I think it was like a pizza. It had a buckwheat crust and a cream cheese/yogurty sauce with some kind of seed on top (it reminded me about the stuff that's on the bottom of some bagels). 

Once we ate, we walked around a little more than went for a walk in the woods. We stumbled upon a little statue in the woods with nothing else around it. Then we came upon a wall/fortress. We were slightly confused until we realized it was the Ljubljana Castle. So we walk around and explore the castle and it has such a pretty view out of the tower, you can see the whole city and it's really beautiful (this would be a lovely time for pictures.....). 

After the castle, we walked around the city some more and looked at the churches and other cool buildings that are here. 

Then, we went to dinner at a place called Skof. It was very good. I got chicken with fried potatoes. The whole menu was in Slovenian so the waitress graciously translated most of it for us. 

We then went to a big house music festival/party in the park. It was for a charity and it only cost one euro to get in, so we figured it was worth it. And it turned out to be really fun! I'm glad we went, it was a really great people watching expirence! 


No comments:

Post a Comment