Monday, August 27, 2012

Yesterday, we packed up our stuff from out hostel in Ljubljana and got ready to leave. (Thank goodness because those were the most uncomfortable beds I've slept on in a long while). But before we left, we stopped at the local bakery to get some food before we left. The men working there politely took out orders and when Kaylee asked what is their favorites are, they asked us where we were from (obviously not Slovenia because we were speaking english). She responded with New York, and they lit up. "New York!! Ooo! I'm only from Kosovo..." and then he gave us a free loaf of bread each. So nice! 

It had been pouring all morning at this point ad we walked to the bus station to catch a bus to Beld hoping it would let up, but it didn't. The whole hour and a half it took to get there it was pouring. It was upsetting. But we got to the hostel and settled in. We sat on our beds to read for a little hoping the rain would stop so we could go explore. Cut to three hours later, we wake up from a nice long nap. Neither of us expected to sleep, let alone for that long. But it was still raining when we woke up from our nap. So I like to think it was a rainy day well spent! 

Today when we woke up, it was beautiful outside! Cool and sunny, the perfect day to go explore! And I can officially say I love Slovenia, it is stunning, I really wish my computer was working so I could post pictures. We went kayaking on Lake Bohinj and the Soca River and it was so much fun!  it started out a little rocky. It was a tandem kayak and Kaylee and I kept getting stuck on the banks or running into the low hanging trees, or going backwards down the river. But about half way through we started to get the hang of it! There was a stopping point where we jumped off a 4m 'diving board' (it was a long wooden plank thing) into the river. 

I want a house in the Lake Bled/Lake Bohinj area, it's just so pretty and there's so much to do here. Forget a summer home or time share in Florida!! I'm aiming for something here! 

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to upload pictures that I took on my phone. It told me I had to download the google plus app so I did. But it won't let me put pictures from my google plus account onto here. Don't ask me why... I'm obviously not tech savvy enough for this. Sorry!! If any of you want, message me on WhatsApp or google talk and I'll send you some of the pictures I've taken on my phone. Other than that I apologize for not pictures, I know words are boring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment